Subject: Re: Where is cdevsw
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/10/1994 07:55:50
> I have a zs driver ready to try out, but I can't seem to get through
> the cdevsw to the driver open routine.  Assuming I created the device
> node with the wrong major number, I went looking for the cdevsw array
> but I could not find it!  Where is it?

sys/arch/sun3/sun3/conf.c

> Also, when I fork a couple of commands (i.e. /bin/ls)
> the child process termination is followed by a message:
> 	pmap: removing wired pmeg
> after which the single user shell is unresponsive.
> Tty input still echos but it looks like the shell is dead.

"pmap: removing wired pmeg" is a pmap assertion to remind me to either
mange the wiredness of pmegs, or remove it.  It is not the cause of
the problem you are seeing.  If you had enough debugging turned on,
you would find that the forked version of init that execed /bin/sh
just got a bus error.  I haven't succeeded in finding this bug, nor am
i currently looking for it.  (instead i'm integrating some of your nfs
stuff+writing some more).  You are of course welcome to find/fix/send
me the patch on this bug yourself.  I must admit that i wasn't having
much luck finding it.  However, it is also the only serious bug i know
of right now.

> Any ideas?
> Gordon

ps. If anyone gets bored, type 'date' a few times in a row and work on
fixing any surprises.

later,
Adam Glass