Subject: stuff
To: None <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/02/1994 11:47:42
> Date: Tue, 01 Mar 1994 06:43:31 -0800
> From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>

> would *REALLY* like to hear some success stories, or details about
> people working on drivers.

Success stories?  Sure!

I tried out what was available as of noon last Wednesday (2/23)
and it booted successfully on my Sun3/60M (8MB).  The SunOS
/sbin/init and /bin/sh mostly work (gave me a prompt) but "echo *"
worked only in the root directory for some reason.

Last evening I tried out what was available as of Tuesday morning
(3/1) and it almost worked.  It booted up, but as soon as it tried
to read from the prom console my PROM generated a "Watchdog reset!".
It appears that later PROM versions (I have 3.01) do not like having
the NMI clock turned off for very long.  I'll try the version of
the prom console thing I had working before and let you know...

As for details about people working on drivers:
I was away for the weekend so I haven't done anything yet.  Soon.

Gordon W. Ross  		Mercury Computer Systems
gwr@mc.com      		199 Riverneck Road
508-256-1300			Chelmsford, MA 01824-2820