Re: ArcticFox browser for SPARC 64bit

Hi,

I had some further success... it browses wiki, bing... crashes on ddg.

I reposted with screenshot but the message didn't get through this time :)

Riccardo

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi!

just today compiling the dev branch of github on my Netra T1 with NetBSD 10.0.... got  to the point where the browser started displayed the page and was able to navigate to www.netbsd.org! hangs with duckduckgo.com though (or crashes). bing.com works quite well!.

Still, after almost 5 years, this is a big and satisfying success! Promising!
No screenshot because I didn't want to spam the list.

Negative note: compile time > 2000 minutes!!!!!! on the same machine with NetBSD 9.3 it was around 1100/1200 minutes. Sure, we do have gcc 10.5, but is it really so much worse on sparc? is it the only reason?

Riccardo