Re: CD ROM issues

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 08:10:24PM +0200, Joacim Nilsson wrote:
> I have three different systems ive had no luck getting the CDROM
> installer to install anything.
>
> Kernelpanic or just frezing systems.
> All three systems show the same issue
> All three systems i have managed to install NetBSD using another HDD as install media
> I have tried on Ultra 1, Ultra 5 and Sun Fire V440
> I am i burning the disks wrong?
> Debian Sparc, OpenBSD Sparc and Solaris installs just fine from CDROM

I remember the IIRC 9.0 install CD not wanting to boot on my Sun V100,
so I ended up dumping the CDROM filesystem to disk, plugging that into
my existing netboot setup for the Suns and installing that way.

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison