Re: CD ROM issues

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 08:10:24PM +0200, Joacim Nilsson wrote:
> I have three different systems ive had no luck getting the CDROM
> installer to install anything.
>
> Kernelpanic or just frezing systems.
> All three systems show the same issue

With the same CD/R you burned?

> All three systems i have managed to install NetBSD using another HDD as install media
> I have tried on Ultra 1, Ultra 5 and Sun Fire V440

I have seen old drives being picky with modern CD/R and the content of the
image works fine in general. Of course they may be bugs in the CD driver
or ATA driver (especially in the U5 case where the hardware is ... strange),
and probably installs on those machines via real CDs are rare nowadays,
so this isn't heavily tested.

Martin