Re: ubc_uiomove: error=14

Hi,

> I recently booted a -current kernel from Oct 27th sources on a
> Sun Enterprise 450 system.  It seems much more stable than the
> 9.1_STABLE kernel it ran previously, in particular under heavy
> load on all its 4 CPUs.
>
> However, I got the following message (only once so far) on the
> console:
>
> [ 70050.869615] ubc_uiomove: error=14
>
> Should I worry?

Looking at the code, there are a few places in uvm_map and uvm_fault where
we could return EFAULT (14).  However, I'm not sure if you should worry or
not.  Do you, by any chance, know what the machine was doing at the time of
the message?

There have been some changes in UVM recently (the last on Nov 4th) so it
might be a result of these.  Asking on tech-kern@ might be a good idea, or
trying a later kernel (or both).

Regards,

Julian