Re: entropy

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 07:42:37PM +0000, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Does anyone have working /dev/random on a sparc64 machine ?

I do (but most of the time this machine has a ualea(4)).

> Have tried creating a seed file on an amd64 machine and importing that
> but it doesn't make any difference, python is blocked waiting for
> entropy.

Importing an entropy file only works once after boot, and I think rndctl
does not do proper diagnostics in all cases.

Check sysctl kern.entropy (as root), it needs to have depletion and
needed both zero.

If that is not the case, do something like:

	amd64# dd if=/dev/random of=/tmp/entropy bs=32 count=1

thransfer the file to the U2 and do the inverse there:

	U2# dd if=/tmp/entropy of=/dev/random

and then check sysctl kern.entropy again.

Martin