Re: NVIDIA GPU on netbsd sparc64

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 02:46:38PM +0200, Connor McLaughlan wrote:
> from my experience on x86-Linux it is possible to run newer PCIe GPUs
> in PCI-Slots with a PCIe-x1 to PCI adapter.

Any pointers to such adapters?

My experience with newer PCI stuff in sparc64 machines is not really
good (even firmware not seeing the device at all is a typical
effect).

> So my question is:
> Would it be possible to run an nvidia gpu via PCI on netbsd sparc64?
> Has anyone ever tried this?

Certainly it would not work out of the box, but if it works hardware
wise, we can improve the software. There is no DRM support currently
for sparc64 (relatively easy to fix, but due to lack of supported
hardware there was no demand so far).

Martin