re: XVR-1000 (Re: pkgin missing on repo sparc64)

> At the moment, none of the framebuffers we use on sparc64 use DRM, and
> we don't have DRM in the sparc64 kernel.  Also, we rely on the upstream
> DRM codebase, so we're unlikely to see any form of DRM for most of the
> cards we have on sparc64 machines.  A lot of the cards (especially the
> older ones) don't have the hardware capabilities for modern DRM, or we
> don't have any documentation (as previously mentioned).

for eg, ffb(4), the code in Mesa to implement GL for it
was removed as obsolete and probably a security problem
quite a number of years ago (looks like 2010!)

> In theory, it should be possible to support DRM on the XVR-300 because
> that is an ATI FireGL card and supported upstream.   That would require
> porting the DRM code to sparc64 (it currently runs on x86 and arm).
> However, that card is PCIe so only fits in a limited number of machines
> (e.g. U25/U45).

this can be done, and probably isn't toooo difficult.
anyone wanting to, let us know and we can help with the
details about how drm works and what it needs.

.mrg.