Re: Running 32 bit SPARC on UltraSPARC

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 08:15:57AM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> Are you running 32-bit via COMPAT_NETBSD32(8) as opposed to everything
> 32-bit native including the kernel? This was a long time ago, but
> COMPAT_NETBSD32 had various bugs/issues and not everything worked
> correctly.

The ones I am aware of have been fixed, but a few minor things might
still be left - please send-pr if you run into one. We now even have
platforms like mips64 that by default run a COMPAT_NETBSD32 userland.

I would not expect any fallout from building sparc pkgs on a 64bit sparc64
kernel (besides the configure scripts detecting cpu features and
hard coding the results in the binaries, instead of doing run time
detection, but nowadays this kind of bug is rare).

Martin