Re: Fwd: SDL2 applications crashing with SIGBUS

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 05:57:40PM +0100, Elias Bürli wrote:
> For tyr-quake, I tried the pre-compiled package here:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/games/tyrquake/README.html
> which also needs at least the shareware data:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/games/quakedata/README.html
> It successfully shows the splash screen, and if I hit ESC fast enough
> I can get into the menu, but it crashes when trying to start a new
> game.

This is not suing SDL2 (AFAICT).

> I was also expecting the issue to be in the game source itself, which
> is why I find the gdb reference to "XkbSetDetectableAutoRepeat () from
> /usr/pkg/lib/libX11.so.6" confusing.

Well:

extern  Bool    XkbSetDetectableAutoRepeat(
        Display *               /* dpy */,
        Bool                    /* detectable */,
        Bool *                  /* supported */
);

and "Bool" is int in X terms - so on sparc64 the last arg ("supported") will
need to be a properly aligned pointer, failure to do that will lead to a
SIGBUS - just like you see it. If you still have the core around, can
you show the output of "bt" in gdb?

Martin