Re: compiling xfce4 issue

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 04:07:00PM +0100, phipo neo wrote:
> i have do on the port xfce4 #make depend and make install

Sorry, I am still confused.

> > I recompiled a kernel, and I installed pkgsrc2016Q4, but I do not use

You are sure you did not mean pkgsrc2017Q4 here?

You did download pkgsrc.tar.gz and extracted it, then cd to meta-pkgs/xfce4?
After it failed, you edited /etc/mk.conf?

If so, you will have to clean all your $WRKOBJ directories (those live in
different locations, depending on your setup - they might be directly
inside pkgsrc/.../ and are named "work"). Also you may have to remove
already installed pkgs, but given how it failed for you, this may not
be needed.

After that cleanup, try make in pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/xfce4 again and log the
output. If it should fail again, we can dig in there and find out what
exactly caused it to still try to install the ancient Spidermonkey.

Martin