Re: Ultra 60 NVRAM

Tobias Ulmer writes:
[...]
> Since you have working, empty timer, take a knife and carefully dig
> out the epoxy in the pocket where the battery is connected. I believe
> it's the pocket on the "Vss" (ground) pin side, opposite of the pin 1
> marking.
>
> Cut the two leads to the dead battery, solder on a new battery holder and
> put in any 3V lithium cell you like (I'd recommend something popular
> like CR2032). Polarity is easy to check, the negative side of the
> battery is connected directly to the Vss pin. Have a look into the datasheet.
>
> And of course it's on youtube...:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFM2RuAGno
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV2GHgwrbGU

And (in German, but lots of good pictures):

  https://www.sonnenblen.de/index.php/topic,6866.0.html

They use the older MK48T02 but it is the same general procedure.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"