Re: NetBSD-8 keyboard issues

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:40:33 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:16:49 +0100
> Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm trying out NetBSD-8 on Sun Ultra 10, and I noticed that
> > during installation, Sun keyboard was recognized and worked
> > correctly, however after the install was finished and I booted the
> > system, Sun keyboard is not recognized anymore (i.e. it doesn't
> > respond to any key presses). Plugging in USB keyboard works and I
> > can log into the system.
>
> It's impossible to tell what's (not) going on without any useful
> information. dmesg output for both cases would be helpful.
>
> > Is this a known issue? If not, shall I file a PR?
>
> No.
>
> have fun
> Michael

Hi, is it possible that keyboard is not attached correctly to sunffb
display, because onboard machfb is confusing the keyboard or
display driver?

wsdisplay1 at machfb0 kbdmux 1
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay1
wsdisplay1: screen 0-3 added (default)

wsdisplay0 at ffb0 kbdmux 1: console (sunffb, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
wsdisplay0: screen 1-3 added (sunffb, vt100 emulation)

wskbd0 at kbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0