Adding disk on V245

I have a Sun Fire V245 that I installed 7.0.1 on (this was before 7.0.2 came out!).  It went fine.

I subsequent bought some more disks and wanted to add them, however, the system does not see them, they are not listed in dmesg (weirdly, though, there are devices in /dev for them).

For giggles I put a FreeBSD/sparc64 disk in also and it DOES see that.

The only conclusion I can draw is that the system won't see disks that don't have a VTOC.

How do I fix this?

--
Gordon Zaft
Province 35 Governor