Re: Ultrasparc III+ kernel panic

BERTRAND Joël a écrit :
Eduardo Horvath a écrit :
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

matthew green a écrit :
Hm.  From what I remember, f000xxxx is inside OBP.

that's correct :-)

Instead of randomly swapping out hardware you really should try to
diagnose the problem.  I'd turn on ddb and traptrace in the kernel and
examine the contents of the traptrace buffer after the panic.  That
should
tell us the sequence of traps that caused the panic.

FWIW, traptrace never was updated for SMP.

    Will there a hope to quickly have a fix to obtain traptrace in
syslog
? I'm trying to reproduce this bug on Blade 2000 I have at home
without any
success.

Putting traptrace back in is not trivial.  It basically involves taking
all of the traptrace code that was removed in locore.s version 1.214,
enhancing it for SMP, and reinserting it into locore.s.  How good are
your
SPARC assembly language skills?

     I haven't written sparc assembly for a very long time (and only on
sparc32...) :-(

     I can try to do something, but I'm not sure I have required
knowledge to do that without help.

     Best regards,

     JKB

	Another one :

Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: trap type 0x34: cpu 0, pc=f0008380text_access_fault: pc=5ac99cd8 va=5ac98000 Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: npc=f0008384 pstate=0xffffffff88820006<PRIV,IE>
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: Skipping crash dump on recursive panic
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: panic: kernel fault
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: cpu1: Begin traceback...
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: cpu1: End traceback...
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: cpu0: shutting down
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd: cpu1: rebooting
Feb 25 13:03:33 legendre /netbsd:

If I remember, trap 34 is triggered when kernel tries to access to unaligned memory. I have found on mailing list archive some messages about trap 34 in ipfilter and I use on system that often panics ipfilter :

ipfilter=YES
ipnat=YES

On stable one, I don't use ipfilter. Julian, can you confirm you don't use ipfilter on your blade ?

	I will try to add a serial console to enter in ddb.

	Regards,

	JKB