Re: Strange NVRAM corruption on Sun Blade 2500

http://unix.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/solaris-l/fast-data-access-mmu-miss-4136629

> debug:
>
> The "debug:" prompt is just a restricted version of the "ok" prompt, but
> booting is disabled. A "set defaults" does not fix it, but after some playing
> around with NVRAM values, setting things back and forth (details of which I
> unfortunately did not log) the machine worked again - and then I restored
> all settings to normal.

could you try and boot from the CD Rom just to check whether it is an NVRAM
issue.

> This machine does not have the typical combined clock/nvram chip, but
> uses an extra Atmel 24C64B serial EEPPROM (mounted in a "holder" to
> allow easy replacement and hidden below a Sun host ID label, but stock
> PL27 package inside).
>
> First time through I actually thought this chip would be dead and got an
> (empty) replacement, which imediately fixed the issue.

Seems to be the only solution as per me.

--
-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)