re: 6.99.43: SIGSEGV when kernel tries to execute /sbin/init?

Darren Reed writes:
> I've re-built GENERIC myself but when I boot it, the result is not
> a whole lot of fun...

> root device (default cas0): wd0
> dump device (default wd0b):
> file system (default generic):
> root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
> root file system type: ffs
> init path (default /sbin/init):
> init: trying /sbin/init
> Process (pid 1) got sig 11
> Process (pid 1) got sig 11
> Process (pid 1) got sig 11
> Process (pid 1) got sig 11
> Process (pid 1) got sig 11
> ... continuously printed out ...
>
> is there something that I've done wrong?

you've managed to install a userland that doesn't work with new kernels;
there was a small window when it was broken, and you have to install a
new ld.elf_so first.  see:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2014/04/02/msg002095.html

for the original email.  (this bit me last weekend, but i at least was
able to remember this instantly :-)

.mrg.