Fwd: WWW Feedback from rehrlich%ryerson.ca@localhost: donations of SPARC and IBM Power4|5 servers

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roger Ehrlich <rehrlich%ryerson.ca@localhost>
Date: Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Subject: WWW Feedback from rehrlich%ryerson.ca@localhost: donations of SPARC and
IBM Power4|5 servers
To: www%netbsd.org@localhost

"Roger Ehrlich" <rehrlich%ryerson.ca@localhost> sent the following
comment about The NetBSD Project's WWW server:

Subject: donations of SPARC and IBM Power4|5 servers

Hello NetBSD Folks

We at Ryerson University's central IT department have
decommissioned a wide array of Sun/Oracle & IBM servers. I
see on NetBSD's website that the project is looking for
donations of various hardware.

We have working machines that span the models:
Sun SPARC64 4|3|2 and Coolthreads lines, such as T5120,
T2000, V245, V240, 420R, 280R, 220R, V125, V480, V490, Ent
250, Blade 1500|150|100.
Sun XVR500 & XVR600 video cards

IBM Power4+ - pSeries 630 Model 6C4,
Also available soon are Power5+ series System p5 570, p5
520, p5 510, and 4XU-JS21 and
4XU-JS22 blades with the BladeCenter H Type 8852, and
RS/6000 7025 F50 and RS/6000 7025 F30.

QlogicFiber Channel HBAs
QLA2342
QLA2340
QLA2200F
QLA2310
QLA2462
QLE2460
QLE2462

Gigabit SX Ethernet Adapter
Emulex Gigabit SX Ethernet Adapter PCI
IBM 09P2098 Gigabit SX Ethernet Adapter PCI
Sun Gigabit SX Ethernet Adapter PCI
Intel 82545EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Emulex Gigabit SX Ethernet Adapter PCI

I can pass on more details of specs if required.

Are there BSD developers in the project that can use any
donations of this hardware?

We require that a form be signed indicating that the donated
machines will not be used for any malicious activities and
will be disposed of it in a green friendly way.

The only issue with us is shipping. Unfortunately we cannot
incur the cost of shipping any of these machines. We also no
longer have the original boxes that these machines came in.
If the project can facilitate pickup, we'd be happy to help.
We are in downtown Toronto, Canada.

Please let us know either way.

Cheers, Roger

Refering page:
Server protocol: HTTP/1.1
Remote IP address: 141.117.12.124
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0