Re: sunfire v245

I'm running NetBSD 6.1 in production for a similar purpose on a Sun Fire v240
(the earlier model), and it's been fine so far (six months).

Last fall, I tried to make NetBSD-current work on a Sun Fire v215 and failed
because of bugs in NetBSD's bge (BroadComm gigabit Ethernet interfaces that are
built-in) driver (NetBSD booted fine, but was unable to communicate on my
network), however, SAITOH Masanobu has made a series of code
changes/corrections to that driver and some success has been reported - it's
worth trying again, and testing a v245 also. The v245 seems to be readily
available for cheap on ebay.com.

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>