Re: V240 Status?

On Jan 22, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 07:50:08PM +0900, Takeshi Nakayama wrote:
>> Other idea is just schedule a softint in IPI-handler:
>
> I prefer to do the full TRAP_SETUP() dance (and move the function to
> locore.s),
> which will make it usefull for future work with other target functions, e.g.
> if we convert fpu handling to pcu(9).

What other target functions?  pcu(9) uses xc_unicast(XC_HIGHPRI, func ...)

If I got it right we have:

xc_broadcast(XC_HIGHPRI, func, arg1, arg2)
-> xc_highpri(func, arg1, arg2)
   stores the func+arg1+arg2 to xc_high_pri
   -> xc_send_ipi()
      -> sparc64_generic_call()
         -> sparc64_multicast_ipi()
            -> sparc64_send_ipi
               notifies other cpus to call xc_ipi_handler()

and then on other cpus xc_ipi_handler() runs xc_highpri_intr()
that calls the function stored in xc_high_pri.

What other target functions do you have in mind?

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)