Re: /etc/disktab on vax

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 07:56:16PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> Yes, for cutting-edge commercial products.  I work in embedded systems,
> where every cycle STILL counts, and profiling on a 4GHz processor is
> effectively useless.

Ditto - I've recently done some embedded stuff to run on a pair of
100MHz cpu (fabricated out fpga 'gates') which gave me 197 clock
cycles for the 'worst case' processing of a byte of hdlc rx and tx
(including the bit-stuffing etc).
A program to parse the gcc .s output and count the cycles was invaluable!

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost