Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

On 02/28/2012 03:04 AM, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
Which switches are you using? And which model sparc64?

I have had no end of problems netbooting when connected to some
models of Cisco Catalyst switch.  The dominate model in use here
is a 2924, and it seems to take *forever* to do it's
autonegociation.  So long that first ofwboot, and then the
kernel frequently timeout.

Pardon me for butting in, but this rang a bell so I went looking through my old notes. This was in there from way, way back:

"Cisco's policy to enable arbitration for all protocols.  The first
protocols that switches arbitrate for are trunk and channeling, and
since the Sun NICs don't, it cause the Sun NICs to mistake the
trunking and channeling arbitration for 100Mbps, half duplex."

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA