Sil3114 SATAlink card in U5/U10

Gang,

 I have several Sil3114 SATA/150 cards I'd like to use in several U5
and U10s I have.(they are Rosewill RC-222).  I did some googling
around on this and the answers I got were a little conflicting.  It
would appear I can use them as-is for additional storage but not for a
boot drive.

Of course I'd like to boot from the card if possible.

 I found this reference: http://netbsd.org/ports/sparc64/faq.html#pci-cards :

Some standard PCI cards "just work" in NetBSD/sparc64, such as network
cards, IDE cards, etc. However, for these cards to be recognised by
the PROM, you need to update the SUNW,builtin-drivers FCode package to
force the device into native PCI mode.

Lloyd Parkes has provided the nvram commands to have a "standard" IDE
controller recognised correctly by the PROM.

dev /packages/SUNW,builtin-drivers
: class018000
f 9 my-space + " config-b!" $call-parent class010100
;
device-end

Two points -- 1) I have no idea how to  use the info above -- I am
assuming this is done at the OpenBoot prompt but not clear how/where
to enter it and whether it is "sticky" or has to be done every time I
power on the machine.  and 2) I'm wondering if I need to use the
Sil3114 "IDE" BIOS on the card in order to boot from it.

 thanks for any info you can give.

--
Gordon Zaft
zaft%zaft.org@localhost (preferred)