Keyboard Problem with V5.1 on an E4000

I am trying to revive an E4000. I did a "boot cdrom" at the OpenBoot
prompt, NetBSD boots, displays a bunch of configuration messages on
the console, changes the configuration of the video display (it says
wsdisplay0) displays the configuration messages, and asks for the
terminal type. At this point the keyboard stops working.  A "stop-A"
will not get it back to OpenBoot. They keyboard works OK with
OpenSolaris.

Ideas?

--
Michael Thompson