Re: Sun Netra T1 and 5.99.45: No link on hme0

Hi,

> this sounds like the same problem.  please check and add COMPAT_50
> to your kernel configuration.
>
> the problem is that userland is mis-reading the message from the
> kernel that tells of the link state.  it is all in-kernel as you
> expected.
I checked, and it was switched off. But even after rebuilding the kernel the
interface is shown to be offline, and after installing the new userland, the
computer is now completely offline, the interface still has no carrier.
Or do I have to rebuild the userland after adding this option? Usually, the
userland should not depend on kernel-options?!

Is there another recent current-version I can use to bring the system online
as soon as possible?

Regards, Julian