Re: USIII/280R

On 12/31/10 12:34 AM, John Nemeth wrote:
} experiences on both sparc64 and pa-risc for example, and I would

      In my experience sparc64 works just fine.  I have no experience
with the pa-risc port.  I have both production and developement sparc64
running.  The production one has never had problems.  The developement
version occassionally has problems, but that's to be expected.

} consider neither to be on par with amd64 or i386 in terms or reliability
} (even though I've been pleasantly surprised with NetBSD 5 on a netra).

      From my experience, sparc64 is on par with amd64 and i386.

Same here, NetBSD/sparc64 is every bit as stable as i386. I run it almost exclusively on Netra T1 and X1 machines...about a dozen of them at customer sites. They are rock solid.

That's UltraSPARC-II of course. UltraSPARC-III has been functional for a very long time, whether it's on the website or not. It's just got a few stability problems. The architectural differences are pretty significant, so this really isn't surprising. It'll all get ironed out. It has come a very long way.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL