stability on usIIIi machines - we have a workaround

hi folks.

macallan has found out that if you cpuctl offline one of the cpus on
a dual cpu US-IIIi system that would otherwise reset under load, it
does not fail.  we've both been testing it out for several days now
and have not seen any resets.

you can aply this workaround during boot by adding something like
this to /etc/rc.local:

        cpuctl offline 1

in addition to the workaround, now we have a lot smaller scope of
potential isues to look at.  hopefully we can figure it out properly
soon.

thanks mac!  enjoy.

.mrg.