Re: port/sparc64 known working on Netra X1?

On May 9, 2010, at 06:33, Jochen Kunz wrote:
I'm running a netbsd 5.1_RC1 system, with a kernel modified only to
remove that one psycho_set_intr within psycho_attach.  And, I find
that things are somewhat randomly failing.
I instaled -current on my X1 this morning. It is compiling some bits
from pkgsrc without problems now. Maybe your hardware is flaky?

That's my guess as well. I'm guessing either RAM or disk are having issues. Given the lack of disk errors, it may be RAM. I hate trying to track bad RAM, but if I can get it failing consistently enough, even if in different ways each time, just trial and error will work it out in short enough order, I guess.

If anyone has any other "track down flaky hardware" advice, I'd be happy to hear it.

                - Chris