re: Bt848 Support

   I've been searching a lot to find out how to get Brooktree 848 TV card
support for my sparc ultra 5.  I downloaded the kernel source, but there is
nothing i
n the Generic Configuration file about it.
   Is any one familiar with this and how to get kernel support for it?

unfortunately, this could work, but it needs code-work.

you'd need to add "bktr* at pci? dev ? function ?" to your kernel
configuration and rebuild with it enabled....

... except the bktr(4) driver is not properly ported to all netbsd
platforms, and depends upon the non-portable vtophys(9) function
that is not available for the sparc64 platform.

bktr(4) needs to be ported to bus_dma(4)...

.mrg.