ifconfig hme0 mtu 1280 -> kernel panic

Hello. As I don't have a well enough perception to read and make clear comprehension of kernel code flow (it intimidates me) i've decided to sign up for this mailing list and post this problem here, not that I expect it to get fixed right away because as i simply don't expect the people that are capable of such feats to rush rush right away to get something done unless it affects them. But hopefuly there are people out there running sparc64 that absolutely love netbsd and don't like the idea of their machine being unstable in some way.

System I have is an Ultra 30 300Mhz 2MB 512MB machine, it's in very well condition. after a fresh boot and an 'ifconfig hme0 mtu 1280' it kernel panics. also tried it
on hme1 which is a different card that is offboard.
makes me think it's related to the hme driver but that's got to be old as hell.

Noah
n0ah.org :)