re: initial (non working) port to sb-2000 commited

   > What is the state of US III support?

   There are signinficant changes in both the MMU and caches between USI/USII
   and USIII processors.  This means quite a bit of nasty assembly language
   work in locore.s as well as pmap.  What makes this a bit more tricky is
   that the code for USIII will be different from that required for USI/USIII
   processors, so it will need to determine the processor type at run-time
   and select which sets of routines to use, either by patching the trap
   table, setting and checking some variable, or patching code.  (This
   dynamic requirement along with very limited access to a USIII machine at
   the time is why I never checked in the USIII code I was working on.)

   Until this is done any schizo support will not do much good since you
   won't be able to get far enough to execute it.

what do you mean?

if i remove schizo driver i can boot an INSTALL kernel and get a
shell from the builtin md_root, but there are no drivers.

so a lot of it already works.

i can get the schizo to almost work if i *only* use ASI accesses
instead of memory mapped.  ie, BUS_SPACE_MAP_LINEAR does not work
but most of everything else does so far.

i haven't looked at this since my original post months back,
though, so what ever i said then still applies.

.mrg.