Re: I2C bus probe-able?

On Thu, 7 May 2009 12:10:21 -0700
Erik Fair <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> is the iic (I2C) bus probe-able
No. But on sparc64 the iic(4) bus attachment can be argumented by the
OFW device tree. I have code to do this. It needs a more general
solution as other architectures have similar problems. There was a
discussion on tech-kern. My solution (inspired by iic(4) from OpenBSD)
needs every existing iic(4) driver to be modified and was rejected
because of this. An alternative solution would be to write a sparc64 MD
alipm(4) and iic(4). See macppc for an example of this approach.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen