Re: Replacing PSU on Ultra 10

>> But, if it is only the fan, why don't you replace just the fan?
> Because I think there is a reason why the fan is a bit loud, i.e.
> it's spinning faster, and it's doing that because old PSUs are less
> efficient and generate more heat, so they need higher air flow to
> cool them down.

Perhaps.  But could it just be that the fan's bearings are reaching the
end of their life?  In that case, seems to me just replacing the fan
_is_ a right answer.

> A new modern PSU would be a better solution.

Possibly.  I'd just bring up the risk of replacing an overdesigned and
therefore robust PS with a modern cheap corners-cut PS, in case it
hadn't already occurred to you.

\ / Ribbon Campaign