Re: Sparc assembler

> > see what bootblk & ofwboot do.  those are the netbsd code
> > examples similiar to the level you're looking for.
>
> Well I have and it looks pretty cryptic. I was looking for high level
> descriptions of the various funcions of open firmware, what it does, how it
> does it and the sequence for booting a simple operating system or supervisor
> code. Any pointers apart from "look at the source code kid"?

Well, if you don't mind looking at source code you could look
at the OBP source.  The version for the "Niagara" T1 processor
is included in the downloads at

  http://www.opensparc.net/opensparc-t1/downloads.html

It's supposed to be buried in one of the downloads and released
under a BSD license.   I have only glanced at the archive content;
lots of hardcore Sparc assembler there...

Please keep us advised on what you find.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt