re: Files of death on sparc64

   On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:53:06PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
   > On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 08:26:18AM -0700, James Birdsall wrote:
   > > The requested parts of the dmesg. sd0 is the OS disk, the others are
   > > exported via samba.
   >
   > Hmmm - what ethernet interface are you using - hme?
   > Could you try copying those files to sd0 and see if that kills it too?

   Can we check if the seagate firmware workaround for requests crossing
   the magic LBA48 boundary is missing or in use?  I would expect that
   to cause another kind of error, but perhaps it's exposing another
   issue for sparc64.

fwiw, i've been using seagate disks with this problem on satalink
controllers for years without fault.

.mrg.