Re: I may be on the wrong list (NetBSD noob), sorry. Help?

On 2008-07-03, s. keeling <keeling%nucleus.com@localhost> wrote:
> Incoming from der Mouse:
>>
>> The X server question...maybe is sparc64-specific.  You say you're
>> using a U30 and thus presumably have a PCI framebuffer and thus are
>> saddled with XFree86; this is likely more an XFree86 question.
>
> Creator 3D, stock Sun.  After some hours, X freaks out and goes
> lowres; you can still see the xterms and talk to them, but X is
> obviously on its knees, graphical display speaking.  Restart X and all
> is well, for some time.

Again, I have been running xorg from pkgsrc for half a year now, and
it's perfectly fine with the couple patches I already submitted:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=37741

You can try it already if you feel confident with applying patches, or
wait a bit until someone steps in and does it :)

HTH,
--
khorben