Re: Volume control buttons

Michael Lorenz wrote:
My WindowMaker menu is currently intercepting the audio keys like this:
SunAudioLowerVolume => mixerctl -nw monitor.master-=2
SunAudioRaiseVolume => mixerctl -nw monitor.master+=2
SunAudioMute        => mixerctl -nw monitor.master=0

... and that works only in WindowMaker. PMF events work everywhere.

The logic I would go with is:

  If X is active
    Deliver keycode
  Else
    Inject PMF event

That way the volume keys JFW on the console, and I can map them to the special GNOME volume controls (with fancy UI overlays) when I'm running X.

Cheers,
Jared