Re: SMP rocks...

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:39:40AM +1100, Chris wrote:
> Hi, this is just a short note of appreciation to everyone who put the work
> into the SMP support for SPARC64.  My E220R is now running SMP on 4.99.56,
> and it's running perfectly during a complete build of the OS.  I will
> continue to load the system up and test it.

That's really excellent news.

On a related issue, for those in the know - is it possible to use a
-current SMP kernel with a 4.x userland? I have an SMP system that I don't
want to upgrade, but don't have a problem switching kernels on the system.
I have a feeling that the threading changes in -current will break any
4.x-compiled threaded packages though, hence my question.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj%mjturner.net@localhost     | http://mjturner.net/