Subject: Re: Problems trying to debug pkgsrc/mail/milter-greylist
To: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/22/2007 11:22:18
On Nov 22, 2007, at 04:26, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> Another possibility is to build milter-greylist using pth rather than
> native threads. I had a lot of crashes with my 3.1 system when
> using clamav
> with native threads, but since switching to pth it's been rock
> solid, even
> with fairly high paging. May require some edits to system headers (the
> PREFER_NATIVE_PTHREADS=NO and PTHREAD_TYPE=pth pkgsrc build options
> are not
> perfect), but it's more than likely possible.

   I can try this too.  Do you just suggest those two options to a
pkgsrc "make" of mail/milter-greylist might do much [if not all] of
the work?

   I think it would also be worth updating the pkgsrc milter-greylist
to 4.0, as well, but since that makes it no more stable for me (and
also no less) I'd need someone else to suggest it and make it sound
like a particularly valuable idea.  (*grin*)

   Thanks.

                 - Chris