Subject: Re: sk(4) on sparc64
To: NetBSD/sparc64 Port <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/14/2007 12:18:13
On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 06:42:04AM +0200, Holger Weiss wrote:
> Out of curiosity (I don't actually need Gigabit Ethernet in my U80): Is
> anyone running some 1000Base-T NIC which gives better performance in a
> NetBSD/sparc64 system?  AFAICS, Sun GigaSwift NICs aren't supported; I'm
> not sure whether wm(4) NICs would work with the U80's PCI 2.1 bus; and I
> wouldn't quite know what else to buy.

Not really answering your question, but OpenBSD has a driver for the
GigaSwift - cas(4). I started porting it a while back but with me in the
process of moving, I'm lacking the round tuits to finish the job right now.
It's not the best card though (performance and power consumption wise), so
you're probably better off looking for something else anyway.

FWIW, I've heard good things about sk(4)-based cards - may be worth
investigating them.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/