Subject: tmpfs vs. mfs on sparc64 4.0_RC1
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/20/2007 22:41:25
   I'm bringing up a replacement to a server I have in production
now.  The new server is a sparc64 (as is the old one), and will be
running something approximately the head of the netbsd-4 branch, at
least until 4.0 stabilizes.

   Now that tmpfs exists in NetBSD, I'm wondering if people have any
thoughts/opinions, hopefully based on a deeper understanding of the
two filesystems than I have, of which might be better in which
situations?

   Thanks.  I'm currently only using /tmp on a memory-filesystem, but
may also move /var/run there, cause I've always liked that idea too.

                       - Chris