Subject: Re: Using RAIDframe as the boot disk(s)
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2007 15:47:21
On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:08:47AM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>   Is it still not possible to configure and install onto a RAID-1 from a
> NetBSD (-current, or netbsd-4) installation CD, without installing onto a
> single disk, then "convincing" the RAIDframe system that it's part of a
> RAID-1 and so-forth as in the aforementioned documentation?

Well, I recently setup a 3.1 sparc64 system without having to follow that
route. All I did was network boot the machine, setup the RAID with both
disks active using raidctl(8) and then run sysinst. It found the RAID
device (eg /dev/raid0) and I could label and install onto it. Worked like a
charm.

I did a similar thing sometime back with 3.0_BETA, so this has been working
for a while.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/