Subject: Re: SMP status
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/14/2007 08:38:16
On Sep 14, 2007, at 04:43, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 12:34:31PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
>> it may be a large ram thing - i see other problems on my u60 with
>> 2GB of ram that martin has not seen, but we have no had a chance
>> to look closely at these problems yet.
>
> My latest changes destabilized things a bit (partly expected, due
> to removal
> of some flushing in pmap_update() that needs a better solution, partly
> unexpected and yet to be analyzed). I have a patch from Michael
> that should
> improve things again (but needs review), and some other changes
> that mostly
> work, but not quite - I hope to have time to work on this soon.

   Okay.  I just wanted to report the numerous:

trap: textfault at 40962780!! sending SIGILL due to trap 16: illegal
instruction

I was getting on this new [to me] piece of hardware.  Do you think
it's a "has lots
of RAM" issue, then?  Thanks.  Let me know when you get some changes in
that may resolve this issue, and I'll be happy to try.  The machine
isn't "up" yet
either, so if you have things you want me to test, feel free to email
me (on or
off list).

> Once you start digging, you find things to fix all over the place ;-)

   hehe.  Yeah, isn't that always the way.  Thanks for doing this
work, though!

                         - Chris