Subject: RE: sparc64 hardware
To: DataZap <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan G. Mitchell <nmitchel@nexthop.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/03/2007 13:33:35
I have a couple sunfire V210s which are 1U, but they don't run NetBSD.
They have 2 sca slots, so I could put a pair of 144s in them.  I haven't
done so.

My U30 at the colo is almost 4u In height.  I just stuffed it at the
bottom of the rack under everything and it seems not to be taking up too
much space.  But by the time you get it on a shelf and so on, it'll be
4u of space.  :-/

A U2 is maybe a 3u, but I'm not sure where you'd put the IDE drives on
that.  I should look at my U2 and see where I can stick them.  Once SMP
works well on NetBSD, I think it would be really nice to have some big
drives (sata?) in the U2.  I'll ponder Martin's scsi-ide bridge too.
--
nate