Subject: Re: sparc64 hardware
To: Jim <n0oct@sbcglobal.net>
From: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/03/2007 21:32:21
> What about SBus machines?  If someone could afford the $$, would a bi=
> SCSI drive work in one of those?  I have several Ultra 2's just sitti=
ng
> here.

Sure, I've done that.  The modern drives will fall back to the
slower transfer rate of the U2 SCSI chip and "just work".

Due to the form factor of the U2 only "true" SCA disks will fit,
no SCA to 68pin adapters etc. (unless you use an extra SBus card
with internal connectors).

Regards -- Volker
--=20
-
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solari=
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab=
/
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab@bb-c.d=
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgr=F6=DF=
e: 45
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt