Subject: Re: SMP status
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2007 12:54:44
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I don't know - do you have some spare machines?

   I have a 6-way E3500 with 4GB of RAM, 7-8 FC disks and two small
external disks it can boot from. If desired, I can make this machine
available for netbsd development with a serial console, at least for the
remainder of the year or six months or so. I should be able to set up
netbooting for it as well if needed.

   I was planning on replacing one of my NetBSD UP machines with it, using
OpenSolaris, but if it can help NetBSD to go MP on it I'll happily
postpone that and make it available.

   Currently it has a bad PPS, so I am shopping for a new one on eBay: I've
found a few bargains on 300-1400, but does anyone know if E3000 and E3500
can share the same PPSs? The E3k one is called 300-1307 (185W) while the
E3k5 one is called 300-1400(-01) (194W iirc), and to reduce the silly
price/shipping ratio I thought I'd get several and use as spares for a
local E3k too.

/ali:)