Subject: re: SMP status
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2007 03:21:21
   On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:59:58PM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
   > Top happily reports itself hopping from cpu0 to cpu1 and back, per-cpu
   > and process statistics are all zero though.

   That is due to the missing tick interupt on cpu1 (I'm working on it)

   > 'halt' hung after stopping
   > cpu0, didn't drop back to OF.

   I see that too, seems we need to bounce cpu_reboot() to run on cpu0 always,
   so we exit to OF with the bootsrap cpu (currently we halt all other cpus
   and exit to OF with whatever cpu happens to run cpu_reboot).

hmmm. i wonder why we have to do this.  for sparc we can boot
from non "first" cpus with some fiddling to switch cpu in OPB
and halting can come back to any cpu as i recall..

i wonder if the magic to boot from non cpu0 works here too.

.mrg.