Subject: Re: SMP status
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/27/2007 11:51:04
On Aug 27, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 03:52:28PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
>> Niagaras will probably need to be a separate port.
>
> But it should be able to share the userland with NetBSD-sparc64,
> shouldn't it?

Personally, i don't think it needs to be a separate port.  Other
ports (mips, m68k)
deal with multiple pmaps.

I actually think they did the HV split well.  One approach I thought
of was
to take the non-HV support and modify it so it presented a HV like
interface.
Given the interface isn't that large / complicated, it would a allow
for the
most code sharing.