Subject: Re: SMP status
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/26/2007 22:04:02
	Hey Martin,

Martin Husemann wrote:
> I think a -current GENERIC.MP kernel should be able to boot into
> single user shell on all supported machines. Beware, it will crash
> soon if you do serious stuff ;-)
>
> If you have a MP machine, it would be good if you could test this and
> tell me if it crashes before reaching the shell prompt.

It started xdm here! (Ultra 60, 2*450Mhz)
Funnily enough, the NetBSD logo on the xdm screen was garbled. It
crashed some time while logging me in, and dropped back to the OF prompt.

> We have a few things still to do for full SMP support:
>
>  - run a clock interrupt on secondary CPUs
>  - verify some IPI handlers and uncomment them
>  - fix some pretty obvious locking issues in the pmap (some places
>    use splhigh() as the only locking currently)
>  - fix a non trivial issue with locking for pseg_set() calls on the
>    kernel pmap

Impressive work already, working on different stuff atm but looking
forward to testing more stuff.

Thanks so much,
--
khorben